Template Based Test Document Generator Overview
DTM File Factory is a test file generation tool. It was designed to create test data with non-tabular structure. The user defines
the template with labels and commands e.g. 'repeat' or 'optional'. DTM File Factory produces output files
by generating random but realistic values for changeable items. The file building utility is suitable for software testing and test storage population purposes.
- Text or binary test file creation based on user-defined structure.
- "Repeat" and "Optional" commands make the template more flexible.
- Built-in data generation language with about 50 functions and expression engine.
- Great performance: up to 750 files per second on typical office PC.
- DTM File Factory is a software product that supports Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows 8/10 (desktop mode), Server 2003/2008/2012.
Why DTM File Factory
- Text file, XML document, database table, Excel spreadsheet, Microsoft Access database, JSON file or web resource can be user as a source in the data generation process.
- The user allowed to provide a script (Python, Ruby, etc) for complex data generation.
- Rich Value Library for geographic, business and common data: cities, names, countries, currencies, companies, streets, industries, etc.
- Console mode allows users to schedule file generation process.
- Set of predefined macros for smart data generation.
- Once-click preview helps to design the template in real time.