Data Generator for PostgreSQL Databases
DTM Data Generator is a software for PostgreSQL test databases creation and population.
It can fill existing tables by test data as well as creates new test tables, views and another database objects.
The program recognizes master-detail key structure and creates data generation rules for PostgreSQL DB. With multiplatform runtime the user allowed to run created project
file at any Unix/Linux-compatible system. The generator has built-in data generation language for complex data with internal structure
and dependencies definition.
Key Generator Benefits
- The Rule Wizard automatically creates data generation project by scanning existing database structure.
- It creates realistic test data using Value Library with predefined data sets: cities, names, currencies, etc.
- Companies can mask existing data to avoid compromising/ The function is available in Enterprise edition of the generator.
- The data generation software supports unified database interfaces: ODBC, OLE DB, IDAPI/BDE. The user allowed to operate with PostgreSQL DB as well as with Access file or Oracle server.
- The tool supports all modern Windows versions: XP, 2003/2008/2012/2016 Server, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/10 (desktop).
Does DTM Data Generator Suitable for PostgreSQL?
- The tool recognizes data types specific for PostgreSQL: int2, int4, int8, float4, float8, text, etc.
- When the user modify PostgreSQL database schema the generator updates project automatically for most popular changes like adding or removing column.
- The BLOB loader provides user a way to load random large objects from files to PostgreSQL database.
- The software supports unattended mode for scheduled data generation.