Test XML Generation Software Overview
DTM Test XML Generator is a utility for developers and QA engineers who need to generate sample
XML files in a bulk manner for software or service testing.
The structure of the document to be generated can be defined manually by the user or imported from existing XML file or XSD schema.
The program offers powerful data generation engine for smart data creation.
The Value Library with sets of predefined lists helps the user to make test data more realistic.
Download free demo version
Key Features of the Generator
- Import structure of the XML document from sample file or XSD schema, or enter it manually.
- Combine a few structures to single output file format.
- 25 built-in data generators and 70 engine functions helps creating random but realistic values: numbers, dates, address, phone, e-mail, URL, first and last names, countries, cities, etc.
- Repeat function with fixed or random number for nodes and attributes.
- Node probability feature allows creating optional nodes.
- Node group function enables users to select randomly one node from the group with defined probability.
- Database data, Excel spreadsheets, text files and XML documents are support as a source for data generation.
- DTM Test XML Generator supports Windows XP/Vista/7, Windows 8/10 (desktop), Server 2003 and newer.
Why DTM Test XML Generator
- The data preview feature makes project design time more comfortable.
- Rich built-in Value Library: names, countries, currencies, industries, companies, cities, streets, etc.
- Custom document header and powerful customization options.
- $DATE$ and $TIME$ macros for file set unicity aim.
- XSD Schemas support as a document structure definition.
- The project file encapsulates all settings and can be shared to the team (sample HTML project report).
- Console mode allows users to run the data generation process under scheduler or call it from another application.