Test Data Generator Overview
DTM Data Generator is a software product that produces data rows and schema objects for testing purposes: test database population, performance
analyzing, QA testing or loading tests fulfillment. The generator was designed to provide developers and quality assurance engineers with high quality and realistic test arrays.
It automatically creates data values and optional schema objects (tables, views, procedures, triggers, etc).
Download free demo version
- The software supports all popular database systems: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, IBM DB2, Sybase, Informix, MySQL, PostgreSQL,
Interbase/Firebird etc. databases. The desktop formats: SQLite, Microsoft Access, Excel, DBF, etc. The tool supports unified database interfaces (ODBC, OLE DB) and native Oracle Call Interface.
- Fifteen methods to fill in the fields with random and repeatable data making models.
- Fast test data generation engine with about 70 built-in
functions and expression processor enables users to define complex test data with dependencies, internal structure, and relationships.
- The product analyzes existing database schema and resolves master-detail key structure (relationships) automatically.
- Rich set of external data sources: databases, CSV/text files, Excel spreadsheets, XML documents, JSON files, Access files, web resources, user defined scripts, etc.
- Value Library is a predefined data sets: names, countries, cities, streets, currencies, companies, industries, departments, regions, etc.
- Variables and Named Generators features provide a way to share data generation properties to similar columns.
- Replace, append, update or scramble data production modes for each table.
- Direct database data loading and optional output to following file formats: SQL script, text/CSV, XML, JSON.
- The software has 32 and 64 bit builds and supports all modern Windows versions:
XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/10 (desktop), Windows Server 2003 and newer.
Why DTM Data Generator
- Rule Wizard allows users to create data generation project by a few clicks.
- Intelligent schema analyzer makes your data realistic without extra project modifications and "data by example" feature makes data more realistic without extra efforts.
- Schema verification module analyzes target database structure before each execution to prevent populating of the changed tables.
- The preview window shows sample data to be generated by one click and saves time in the rule design time.
- The test data generator can prepare not only test data rows: tables, views, and procedures can be generated in a bulk manner as well.
- The project report (sample) helps to review a data generation rules.
- The database population report allows users to analyze execution results (sample).
- BLOB loader offers the massive binary data upload to database.
- The Data Generation SDK is a simple way to add test data creation features to your own application or Web site.
- Multiplatform runtime provides users with a way to execute created project file at most popular platforms: Unix/Linux, Mac OS, etc.