How to Tune and Optimize Data Comparison Process
The comparison flexibility is most important benefit of DTM Data Comparer. Unless simplest tools it provides users a few ways to tune comparison or synchronization.
The most important comparison options are:
- Ignore quotation. This option allows the user to compare quoted and non-quoted values. 'abc' is equal to abc in this case.
- Null value comparison. The user can specify that all NULL values are equal or that NULL value is equal to an empty string if necessary.
- Conversion expression. This option allows users to modify the value from target database before comparison.
For example, non-significant part of the time can be truncated in mentioned modification.
- Trim spaces. The program can consider "abc " and "abc" as equal string if this option is switched on.
The most important synchronization options are:
- Available operation set. The user can disable some operations like removing data from target table: only new rows will be added during synchronization in this case.
- Date conversion. The program can convert date formats automatically. Is is suitable for synchronization different database types, Microsoft SQL Server vs. Oracle as an example.
- GUID conversion. The synchronization tool can modify GUID presentation, if necessary.
- IDENTITY modes help SQL Server users to specify a way of ID values synchronization.
Please try out demo (?) version of DTM Data Comparer.