Test Data Generator Overview
DTM Data Generator is a software product that produces data rows and schema objects for testing purposes: test database population, performance
analyzing, QA testing or loading tests fulfillment. DTM Data Generator was designed to provide developers and quality assurance engineers with high quality and realistic test arrays.
It automatically creates data values and optional schema objects (tables, views, procedures, triggers, etc.).
Download free demo version right now!
Key Generator's Features
- Fifteen methods to fill in the fields with random and repeatable data making models.
- The product analyzes existing database schema and resolves master-detail key structure (relationships) automatically.
- Rich set of external data sources: databases, CSV/text files, Excel spreadsheets, XML documents, JSON files, Access files, web resources, etc.
- Value Library is a predefined data sets: names, countries, cities, streets, currencies, companies, industries, departments, regions, etc.
- Variables and Named Generators provides a way to share data generation properties to similar columns.
- The test data generator can prepare not only test data: tables, views and procedures can be generated in a bulk manner as well.
- Replace, append, update or scramble data production modes for each table.
- High performance.
- The data maker supports all popular database systems and desktop files. The user enabled to create Microsoft SQL Server test data set as well as to populate Oracle or DB2 database.
The generator supports unified database interfaces ODBC, OLE DB and native Oracle Call Interface.
- Direct database data loading and optional output to following file formats: SQL, text, XML or JSON.
- The project report (sample) helps to review a data generation rules.
- The database population report allows to analyze execution results (sample).
- The software supports all modern Windows versions:
XP, 2003/2008/2012 Server, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8/10 (desktop).
Why DTM Data Generator
- Built-in test data generation engine with about 70 built-in functions and expression processor enables users to
define complex test data with dependencies, internal structure and relationships.
- Rule Wizard allows users to create data generation project by a few clicks.
- Intelligent schema analyzer makes your data realistic without extra project modifications.
- Schema verification option analyzes target database structure before each execution to prevent populating of the changed tables.
- The preview window shows sample data to be generated by one click and saves time in the rule design time.
- BLOB loader offers the massive binary data upload to database function.
- The Data Generation SDK is a simple way to add test data preparation features to your own application or Web site.