How can DTM Data Comparer help me to compare database tables?
DTM Data Comparer is a database tool that was designed to help the user, DBA or developer to compare databases. The comparer can work with
different databases or even different database systems. For example, you be able to compare database
located at Oracle Server with your local SQL Server Express.
Moreover, the comparison tool allows you to compare database table with a desktop files
like Access, Excel or even text file.
DTM Data Comparer is a windows application. It must be executed at Windows system even your database is located at AIX, Solaris, FreeBSD or even mainframe system.
To connect database you must have ODBC driver or OLE DB provider. For Oracle Databases the program can use Oracle Call Interface (OCI), Oracle's native API.
There are two comparison modes: table to table or database.
In the second case enables you to compare a few tables at once.
How to compare database data?
There are only three steps to compare databases:
- Connect to primary and secondary databases. You can connect to the same database as well as to different databases.
- Select two tables to be compared or switch to database mode to compare entry database.
- Run the compare database process.
There are options to make compare database process more flexible:
- WHERE clause allows the user to specify data rows to be compared.
- Mapping feature is a way to compare the databases with a different structure.
- Database comparison process can generate HTML report file (sample report). XML and Excel report formats are also available.
There are three report detailization modes.
- Custom unique key specification to compare tables without predefined primary keys.
- Non-significant symbols truncation mode. The program can optional remove symbols like line feed or space from strings before database comparison.
Read more about data synchronization product's options.
Please try out the demo (?) version of the DTM Data Comparer that allows you to evaluate database connectivity,
user interface and database compare process.